Wednesday, June 27, 2012

wednesday's love

I have a few recent loves that I thought I would share with you today...


1. Sneakers on pavement, as the sun goes down...

Running. I never thought this would make it to a "what I love" list, but I can honestly say that motherhood has changed the running game for me. Pre baby, the thought of running any distance, especially in the summer was dreadful and exhausting. I used to force myself to do it, but would constantly have to will my feet to keep moving. I would usually end up walking the last leg of the "run".
Now after Hunter is in bed, I hit the pavement and tour around the neighborhood, anywhere from 1-3 miles. It affords me time to clear my head, pray, think or not think...whichever I chose.  I can honestly say I am enjoying the challenge of running, and my feet carry me with vigor I've never experienced before. The rythmic drum of my feet on the asphalt, and my arms swaying back and forth is so calming. I get so lost in thought that a half hour flies by, and I finally understand what runners mean when they say they can't get enough!





2. 25 cent special occasion cards...
A whole smear of them. These little beauties, originally from Target, were only a quarter at the goodwill today. As an avid note sender, and life celebrator, I knew I had to get my hands on some. Twelve to be exact. They are adorable, and make me grin=)



3. The perfect shade of coral...
You know how it is so hard to pick the right color polish for toes...one is too orange, another too red, and another too pink...and most make your feet look pale and chubby? (please don't tell me I'm the only one!)
Well, I found the solution, via my friend's pretty toes last weekend. The perfect summer shade of orangy/pink/coral polish. They make your little piggies look long, lean, and tan. Am I exaggerating? of course not ;)

Want to know the best part? It is only a buck at five below=) Three cheers for cheap/pretty polish and having my very own bottle so I don't need to keep borrowing hers;)


What is making you smile today? Do you have a new hobby that has captured you lately? Or a favorite polish color for summer?
Sharing with: What I'm loving Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from Jamie's. I am loving running right now too. We have an on/off relationship, and right now it is definitely on. I love the feeling of accomplishment once I'm done. Hope you keep on loving it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for posting a grateful list! i need to do this today too :) it might start with 1. my amazing sister... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope running makes my list soon :) And love that color polish! Stopping by from WILW!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane