Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Trails

I have spent much of this past week knee-deep in plans for my sister's baby shower this weekend. I have visited and revisited all of my favorite craft stores, discount party places, home decorating centers, and grocery stores, collecting all the perfect pieces to complete her special day. Of course, there is a theme to this party (isn't there always a theme to every good party;) but my sister is pretty much my #1 reader around these parts, so I cannot reveal it here:)

I do, however, want to post some pictures from another shower that we hosted in the spring, because good theme showers are more fun when they are shared, no?

The shower was for my dear friend Kirsten and her little boy Declan, who debuted a few months earlier. Like Mike, Hunter, and I, these guys LOVE the outdoors and all things hunting, fishing, and camping related...so I decided on a "Happy Trails" themed brunch to welcome her little guy. I decorated, made some favors and opened my front door, and everyone brought goodies to munch on...







Our sweet friend Jen made these amazing little cupcakes! When I told her the theme...she immediately thought to use teddy grams to complete the look. They were perfect!





Of course no camping themed party is complete without a tent or teepee!



Do you like a good theme party too? What do you use as inspiration? a cartoon character? a favorite color? a favorite hobby? What occasions do you celebrate in your home?

In our house, we try to remember all the little special occasions so that we can celebrate life as often as possible. The anniversaries of when we began dating, when we got engaged and when we got married all warrant small celebrations as well as birthdays, half birthdays, and "just because" dates=) I always think that life is too short to not celebrate your way through it!

For more baby shower inpiration...here, here, and here are some of the showers that my wonderful friends and family hosted for me when I was expecting!


Sharing with:
Tip me Tuesday 

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! That happy trails banner is super cute! Can't wait to see what you do for your sister's shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute little details! party planning is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I can't believe I missed this a week ago! I love that that teepee is still in great shape and still getting good use - the whole theme is so fun and original. What a cool alternative to the typical white and baby boy blue :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane