Wednesday, June 15, 2011

For Days Like These...

Maybe it is because I'm pregnant...

Maybe it is because my backyard looks like the Sahara desert...

Maybe it is because Sadie just ran through the house with mud on her paws...

or maybe it is just because life isn't always perfect...

Whatever the reason, this day...this week rather, has been so overwhelming for me. Mike and I have about 16,452 (exaggeration, i know:) unfinished projects around here that we are trying to finish all at once, and all I want to do is nest. You know...putz around the house putting the finishing touches on things, straightening things up, get everything ready for the arrival of the baby this fall...

and yet...I can't...
I have to be patient, and wait...

and rest knowing that God has a purpose for our home, for our marriage, and our lives, that is bigger than the giant topsoil pile in the backyard...

so instead of a "before and after" this morning
I have this, the verse that I am clinging too while I wait for the chaos to settle...


Those are the four words that I keep replaying in my mind over and over again...

Power, Love, Sound Mind...

Power, Love, Sound Mind...

Power, Love, Sound Mind...

That is what I am holding on to this morning, the reminder that God has given us wives, moms, and homemakers, power to bless our families and rise above the chaos of the day, love to cover the imperfections in our lives and the lives of those we care about, and sound minds to keep us grounded, so we can face each day with hope and excitement...

Anyone else need that reminder today?





1 comment:

  1. Hi Adriane! Thanks for your words this morning. I meant to comment earlier, but my day got a little crazy. I look after a couple little ones a few days a week so I can stay home with my 5 year old daughter. Boy can the days be nerve-raking! For about 15 years I've done some sort of child care and I've had enough. I like other kids to come and visit, but not to stay the whole day. Know what I mean? The parents ask me all the time how I do it, and I don't really know, but I do know I'm burnt out on looking after other people's kids. Sorry to sound so bad, I'm just being honest. I love my girls to death and LOVE being a mom!!

    Anyway, hope you get all your projects done in the next little while. I can imagine how frustrating it must be not being able to nest. I nest ALL the time, and I'm not even pregnant. haha I'm assuming you won't read this until Thursday, so have a great Thursday! Take care Blog Buddy! ~Catie

    Oh, pop over to my blog - I made a new header today. I LOVE it!!! You'll have to grab a new button while your there. : D

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane