Thursday, September 8, 2011

summer dress makeover...

Just thought I would share a little project I did a few weeks ago...revamping one of my summer dresses into a circle scarf...

It was so easy to do..its embarrassing...ha...but easy is good, right?

I didn't take a picture of the dress before, but it was something like this:



Only difference is that mine was way less cute than this, and really about 3 sizes too big (I bought it during my first trimester, thinking that I would grow into it...thank goodness I didn't grow that much!!=)

So really all I did was chop off the bottom half (mine didn't have the cute extra ruffles at the bottom) and turned it into a scarf with no end or beginning...


And now...I love it!! It adds a fun punch of color to any outfit, and is lightweight enough to wear now, when the weather is still changing=)

Here are just some ideas I was playing around with to change it up a bit, depending on my outfit and mood...



Cute, huh?

Anyone else do any super-easy wardrobe revamps lately?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adriane, That is really cute! I was just at the mall tonight and saw those, and commented to my friend how I could easily make those. Looks like you beat me to it. : ) I'll have to make up a couple this weekend. Oh, and I love the t-shirt necklaces too. I've had the picture pinned for a month or more and still haven't make one.

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are sooo cool! you have to give me a lesson on how to wear these cool flowers. i wore mine with a cream dress of the same shade and someone thought i was the mother of the bride ;) this is why i need your style guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also LOVE these photos - they look more professional than pottery barn!! you could make your own magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane