Monday, January 9, 2012

Handmade Handwarmers!

Hey everyone =)

This past December was a crazy month for me... in addition to adjusting to life with our little guy, I challenged myself to do a primarily handmade Christmas, something that I know a lot of folks did this year. I absolutely love giving and receiving handmade gifts, I believe there is just something special about them that is unparalleled by any store bought present.

One of the gifts that I made quite a few of this year were handmade handwarmers:

Heart shaped for the ladies on my list, and camo/orange squares for the guys...


I added evergreen scented oil to the filling, so they become wonderfully aromatic when heated =)

They were so simple...

1st: I cut out heart shaped pieces of red fleece, as well as square pieces of camo and orange fleece...

2nd: I sewed them together, leaving about a 1" opening in order to fill them...

3rd: I stuffed them with long-grained rice mixed with evergreen scented oil...

4th: I sewed up the openings and trimmed the edges nice and short  (I didn't have to turn them inside out since fleece edges will not unravel)...

5th: I wrapped them with brief instructions for use =)  

What do you think? Did you make anything handmade this Christmas? How did it turn out?
Linking up to Party at Ta-da Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was easier than I thought it would be. Cute pics! I can't wait to use these when I'm running out the door in the morning to stand out in the cold at the bus stop - your little invention will definitely keep my hands nice and warm :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane