Friday, January 13, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Muffins...

For the last few weeks I have really been trying to cut back on how much sugar and white flour I eat, since I have always been a sugar-a-holic and mommyhood is inspiring me to take better care of myself (plus I would love to lose those last few lingering prego-pounds;)

So I made muffins yesterday, using a recipe I found here





In an effort to save time, I copied and pasted the original instructions below:



  • 3 mashed bananas (the more ripe the better!)
  • 1 cup vanilla Almond milk (you could use skim but you may want to add a little sweetener)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp Baking powder
  • 3 cups (240g) Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp (42g) mini chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.
Spray a muffin pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray.
Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.
Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.
Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.


I wasn't sure if the recipe called for sweetened or non-sweetened almond milk, since there are both versions of vanilla almond milk...
so I used unsweetened, but added 2 packets of truvia to the batter, just for a little sweetness=)


I was very skeptical of the results until a few of my girlfriends tried them last night and reassured me that they taste just like a healthy muffin should...key work here being healthy, hehe...
and this morning I nuked one and smeared a little butter on it and it was deeeelish=)



1 comment:

  1. good idea! i need to make some high-protein snacks like these muffins to keep me going through the day. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and feel free to leave a message!! I would love to hear from you!

=)Adriane